Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

Thing 1 Blogs, gadgets and widgets


I have spent some time investigating what I can do with my blog and have started to link in other online elements such as my Twitter feed, and 2 of my scoop it subjects using widgets and gadgets. I also used the NetworkedBlogs Facebook app to link to my blog so that it publishes my blog posts automatically onto my Facebook stream. I’m sure my family and friends would be thrilled to see my posts (hmm!).

On a practical level I have also used the NetworkedBlogs app to link our Health Library blog to our Health Library Facebook page. This saves us a bit of time keeping our online streams in line. I have also added the library twitter feed, an RSS feed of health news and a youtube video bar of our etutorial demos. We already have a link to our Facebook page. This is giving us an opportunity to reflect our different online activities together.

I hadn't really done very much work on the Health Library blog as it has been going for quite a while and was initially set up by someone else.However I'm starting to feel very experimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment