Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

Thing 15 – Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events


I don’t really have much to contribute to thing 15. I haven’t attended any conferences, certainly not presented anything anywhere (oh wait, does giving a talk about my job on a tour day count? You can see it here and you didn’t even have to visit) and even training events feel like a luxury these days.

My colleagues are investigating whether we should do something to present / publish our experience creating out etutorial packages. I have to admit that I have been somewhat cool on the idea. I’m thinking – well, it’s hardly ground-breaking stuff, like landing on Mars or solving the Greek debt crisis; we probably stole observed, reflected, incorporated someone else’s ideas anyway; we’re not conducting life-changing research just trying to get someone to come into the library and use our resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment