Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Thing 11 - Mentoring


I have very little to say about thing 11 mentoring 

When I started my first librarian post I was working with another new professional. We tended to take a “suck it and see” attitude to doing things and the library manager seemed to just let us get on with it. So it was learning by trial and error. We had very patient and forgiving library assistants. This has more or less set the pattern for me. I suppose that I think I should be able to work things out by myself or at least as part of a team.

I have come across various librarians whose work I admire and I’ll gladly steal work methods, approaches and ideas from anyone willing to share.

Interesting comment from “anonymous” on the blog entry for this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment